Saturday, July 9, 2011

Weekends

The weekends for me are about family, I am privileged to have such an amazingly close family I live just 2 blocks over from my moms and most weekends we spend together.

Our weekends revolve around what we are eating, from simple bucket of chicken from KFC to pulled pork slow cooked on the grill.

Sunday is for Sunday dinner and for those of you who have been part of this event, we do it up big there is always more food then you could possibly eat and more laughter than your body can stand.

When I was growing up we would always go to my Grandma Knipp's house for Sunday dinner and it was a production,when you walked in the door you can smell the dinner, hear the laughter and feel the love, my grandma in her small kitchen would turn out the most amazingly good food, and we all taking turns would stand in this small kitchen talking about our days, our family's, anything and most importantly for the girls of our family we would stand in the kitchen and study what Grandma made because if you wanted to make it yourself you had to watch because no recipes were given. My Grandma had 15 kids and there are hundreds of us grand and great grand kids and we all we squeeze into her small little house and if you were lucky and you got to eat at the table, now that was a good Sunday!

Now my moms house feels the same, I know that when I arrive to help with Sunday dinner that the love and laughter are waiting for me with just one turn of the door knob.

My kids now every Sunday are ready to go and be with our family because just like when I was growing up going to my Grandma's house, I want them to fell the same way I did when we open the door on Sundays at my Grandma's house, the only difference is, is there is always room at the big table for you no matter how old or how young the table never seems to be too full for family!

No comments:

Post a Comment