Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 13th dinner

I like to think that I am the queen of homemade pizza and for Wednesday night dinner I made a very tasty pizza for my wonderful family
Dough:
First I started by making a very thin pizza dough ( recipe from cooks country)

Sauce:
Then I made a tomato based pizza sauce

Toppings:
I usually like to make pizza with TONS of flavor and toppings this time I went with ham not deli sliced ham but good Sunday dinner roast for hours ham, I diced it up into a very small dice, then I fried it in a pan till it was brown and crispy all around.

Cheese:
I usually like to use 2 to 3 types of cheese I think it gives good depth of flavor to the pizza.
Last night I used just mozzarella and just that because I wanted the ham to be the star!

So here's what I did ,apply sauce and Ham then a light layer of cheese and bake it till almost done then pull it out and add a ton of cheese to cover the pizza.The pizza comes out it has a nice thin crispy crust and its loaded with ham and cheese, the only bad thing is you have to let this pizza sit till cool otherwise the toppings leave the pizza and that is just no good.


I served with a side salad and fresh fruit.

Very Happy family with this dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment