Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Adventures in Boxed meals

My son, who is blessed to have a home cooked meal almost everyday of the week,decided that he wanted to try Hamburger Helper (YIKES),

He says to me "mom why don't we ever eat Hamburger Helper? "I say because Mommy doesn't like it" and  He says " well all my friends eat it". So I buy a box of Hamburger Helper(reluctantly) and tonight I made it for him.

It was as awful as I remembered it, my daughter took one bite and said she wasn't eating that, but the boys they ate it. My oldest the asker of this meal eats his entire serving and says "mom, that wasn't bad, but I don't wanna eat it all the time" Me (Huge sigh of relief)

Its nights like tonight that I feel great about the food I feed my children and I feel good knowing that they will take my cooking over the boxed meals any days.

As a side note, I know that there are families out there that make these meals, and this is nothing against you, I believe that making dinner no matter from scratch or from box,that sitting down with your family is the most important thing to do.

But for me I'm off the hook on cooking the boxed meals again (at least for a while)

No comments:

Post a Comment